HR and Operational Support for a Successful Merger and Acquisition
A case study on how we successfully guided an acquired CRO through the complex stages of Merger & Acquisition, managing the transition strategically and smoothly.
Company type: full-service early phase CRO
Company Size: small – midsize
Industry: Clinical Research
Our client, an established, niche European CRO, was acquired by a large international biotech based in the US. They needed HR and Operational support to manage the transition strategically and smoothly.
To move successfully through the complex and various M&A stages, documentation support and QMS development were identified as essential support areas while addressing and managing culture integration and equipping new C-level management with the right tools to unite and inspire teams through change.
Three phases to success
Operational and HR support
- New country-relevant business entity setup and subcontracting guidance for employees, consultants, and temporary staff.
- Helping our client to understand their unique market position, reach, and capabilities as part of a larger organization.
Organizational structure and new leadership support
- Company-wide operating model development and roll-out.
- Developing protocols and methods for employee feedback.
- Creation and integration of new ways of working.
- Defining new leadership responsibilities and organizational structure.
- Developing cross-functional guidance.
- Communication, expectations, and change support.
- Transformational mindset Leadership training.
- Internal complaints committee.
- Addressing psychological safety.
- Growth mindset and driving change Leadership training.
Cultural, integration, and strategic alignment
- Creating clear channels of communication through adverse change.
- Embedding strategic ways of working built and designed to support unique organizational culture.
- Facilitating new internal restructuring.
- Defining clear people and behavior expectations.
- Creating a safe and stable environment through a complex and challenging growth phase.