Business Development Team Training & Coaching
A case study on how our sales training program and 1-1 coaching sessions not only improved the performance of the business development team but was also used as a framework to prepare for Bid Defense meetings.
Company type: Renowned Contract Research Organization
Company Size: large enterprise
Industry: Clinical Research
Location: HQ in the U.S., operating world wide
One of the largest CROs wanted to support their European Business Development Team in their professional and personal development, especially in the uncertainty generated by a recent merger.
As such, they asked Seuss+ to independently asses the sales skills of their EU Business Development team and identify areas for development.
“I have involved the Seuss+ team in the development of my Business Developers over the last 12 months. Their ability to understand each individual and tailor their coaching advice has been of great benefit for the individuals concerned and the team as a whole. Having Seuss+ as part of my extended team is hugely beneficial in supporting the growth of the team.”
Senior Vice President, Business Development Team Europe
Three phases to success
Phase 1 – Assessment
- A combination of individual and team assessments (leveraging the Predictive Index suite of tools) to identify team + individual strengths, and areas of development.
Phase 2 – Business Development Training
- 1-day sales empathy training to elevate the quality of bid defense preparation.
Phase 3 – Coaching Sessions
- Additional support in individual coaching sessions to embed skills learned, and drive personal development.
From employee engagement to business performance
- Supported team management with insights into each individual’s behavioural tendencies.
- The Sales Empathy Tool introduced in the Sales training was rolled out across the organisation as the preparation framework for Bid Defence meetings.
- The EU BD team felt increasingly valued and motivated as a consequence of the CRO’s investment in the programme.
Get started: train your employees, teams, and executives.
Download our training brochure and discover how to unlock the full potential of your teams and organization with tailored training programs.